How do you fix the iPhone iPhone could not be activated because the activation information could not be obtained from the device?
Restart your iPhone. If you're using a cellular-data connection, connect to a reliable Wi-Fi network instead. If you get an error message on your iPhone that says the activation server is temporarily unavailable or cannot be reached when trying to activate, wait a few minutes, then repeat the previous steps.... read more ›
- Check Apple's system status page.
- Restart your iPhone.
- Use a reliable Wi-Fi network instead of cellular data.
- Remove the SIM card and reinsert it.
- Try activating your iPhone using Mac or PC.
- Contact Apple support.
Restart Your iPhone
In case the 'Unable to Activate – An update is required to activate your iPhone' message appears once you try to activate your iPhone, restarting your device may resolve the issue. You should hold the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons to restart older versions on iPhones.... continue reading ›
With the cable that came with your iPhone, connect your iPhone to your computer. Locate your device on your computer. Wait while your computer detects and activates your iPhone: If you see an alert that shows "Set up as New" or "Restore from Backup", it means your iPhone is activated.... see details ›
Open the iTunes app on the computer. Connect the iPhone to the computer via USB cable. Allow time for iTunes to detect and activate your iPhone; successful activation indicated when iTunes shows 'Set up as New' or 'Restore from Backup' screen. Follow onscreen prompts to complete setup.... see details ›
What is DFU mode? Device Firmware Update mode — or DFU mode for short — is a state that an iPhone or iPad can be put in to get your device back into working order. DFU mode is similar to the BIOS on Windows computers or Recovery Mode on a Mac.... continue reading ›
- Download and install the iActivator program onto your Mac computer. ...
- Plug your iPhone into your Mac and wait for it to be recognized.
iPhone 5: How To Set Up, Activate & Insert / Remove SIM Card - YouTube... see more ›
Find My includes Activation Lock – a feature that's designed to prevent anyone else from using your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch if it's ever lost or stolen. Activation Lock is turned on automatically when you set up Find My on your device.... see more ›
Part 1: Do You Need A SIM to Activate Your iPhone? The good news is, Since the rollout of iOS 12, you can activate your device without a SIM card by only using WiFi. But unfortunately, many older versions of iOS require you to have a working SIM card in order to activate the device. If that's your case, don't panic.... read more ›
- Power on your iPhone by. ...
- choose your preferred language and select your region.
- Next up, you will see two options: Quick Start or set up manually. ...
- Next on, you need to connect to a Wi-Fi network. ...
- You can now create a passcode, set up Face ID or touch ID.
You may get this error prompt if your network is preventing gs.apple.com from working on a few ports. So, connect to a new Wi-Fi source or switch to a cellular connection. Ensure that the new connection, either the Wi-Fi or cellular network, is reliable. Then try the activation again.... continue reading ›
- Press the Power Button to start iPhone and Slide-right to start the Setup Process.
- On the next screens, select Language > select Country > tap on Set Up Manually option.
- Select your WiFi Network > enter WiFi Network Password > tap on OK to dismiss “No SIM Card” pop-up.
If you are unable to put iPhone in Recovery Mode, you can try to Unlock iPhone using DFU Mode. DFU Mode will erase all the data on your iPhone, including its Lock Screen Passcode and provide you with the option to restore your device as New iPhone.... see details ›
Differing from recovery mode -- where iTunes restores your iPhone to its original factory settings but with the latest iOS and firmware -- DFU mode allows you to change and choose the firmware you want to install onto your iPhone.... see more ›
How To Enter Recovery Mode on iPhone without Home Button [2 Ways]... continue reading ›
How To Activate Your Iphone Without Service Instantly - YouTube... see more ›
Remove Activation Lock on the device
Follow the onscreen steps to enter the Apple ID and password you used to set up your device or your device passcode. Learn how to find your Apple ID or reset your Apple ID password.... view details ›
- Ask the Previous Owner to Enter their Apple ID During Set-up. ...
- Ask the Previous Owner to Enter their Old Passcode. ...
- Ask the Previous Owner to Remove the device from iCloud. ...
- Ask Apple to Remove Activation Lock from the Device. ...
- Use Online Services.
As the name probably hints, it works by removing the lock via IMEI and SN number and gets it done within just 5-10 days.... continue reading ›